Honouring inspirational Outdoor Ed People & Programs
OEA has launched their inaugural Outdoor Education Awards providing recognition for Outdoor Education related achievements across four categories, with major prize to be awarded by Wilderness Equipment.
Nominations are now open for our inaugural Outdoor Education Awards which will be presented at NOEC 2021 on 30 September 2021.
There are four Award categories:
- Outdoor Education Program
- Outdoor Education Practitioner
- Service to Outdoor Education
- Outdoor Education Fellow
- The Program Award will receive a certificate and a $3000 prize supplied by Wilderness Equipment
- Service, Fellow and Practitioner Award winners will receive a certificate.
In calling for award nominations, Chairperson for OEA, Mr Peter McKenna, said the organisation wanted to recognise inspiring, transformational and impactful Outdoor Education programs and people across Australia.
After a difficult and challenging 12 months he said the awards and nomination process would help re-affirm the importance of Outdoor Education and the rewarding outcomes OE folk achieve.
“We look forward to honouring all finalists and the valuable outcomes they achieve,” said Peter.
Outdoor Education Award Criteria and Process
Timeline for nominations and the process
- Organisations / individuals are to complete a nomination by downloading a form on the Outdoor Education Website.
- The completed form / nomination needs to be uploaded to this website.
- Nominations close Friday 6 August 2021.
- Each state / territory decides their nominees for each category and forward nominees to OEA by Friday 30 August 2021.
- OEA finalises judging by 17 September 2021.
- Winners announced at NOEC 2021 (30 September) and on our website shortly thereafter
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION & TO NOMINATE go HERE.