ADVENTURE ALTERNATIVES ROPES COURSE INCIDENT OF 2018
– SHARING OUR LEARNING-
Friday 26th April: 9am – 12pm followed by lunch
This is an open invitation to all Outdoor Educators, Managers, Leadership Teams, Business Owners and Organisations whom work within the Outdoor Education field to share our learning from a high ropes incident which occurred at the Adventure Alternatives Woodford centre in 2018. This is a day of open sharing with an aim to assist the larger outdoor community to learn and grow collectively when an incident occurs in the field.
Welcome and site Introduction
Move to high ropes course: Adventure Alternatives to present
- What happened.
- Our new tails and tail tying template.
- What we have done to improve the running of the course.
- Our Daily Ropes Course Inspection.
- Our Induction and SOP process.
Morning Tea at the Centre
- The process of working through an incident without a big team.
- Helping our staff
- Handling the media
- Managing clients and parents
- Eliminating shame around incidents and reporting an incident.
- The cost of not reporting incidents
- Open panel discussion: How to report findings of incidents which can help the larger community.
Please email any dietary requirements to email@example.com