Outdoor Educators Association of Queensland
By promoting outdoor education as a means of learning and by developing professional practice in outdoor education, OEAQ aims to contribute towards developing thoughtful, knowledgeable and skilled professionals who can participate in creating and maintaining just, humane and environmentally sustainable communities.
OEAQ values understanding the inter-relatedness of people and the environment that sustains them through learning experiences based on:
- People as in integral part of ecosystems;
- Ecologically sustainable use of natural resources;
- Interactions between the bio-physical, social and cultural elements of the environments in which people live; and
- Positive relationships between people and nature.
OEAQ values active, informed participation by individuals in communities through:
- Personal and social development;
- Informed decision making; and
- Understanding social and cultural diversity.
Learning & Leadership
OEAQ values quality learning and leadership through experiences which are:
- First hand